Welcome to WYSC's Coaches Page
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Pre-Season Coaches Meeting
- Coaches Training Sessions
- WYSC Coaching Requirements
- New Coaches
- Team Assignments
- Reporting Game Scores
- All Star Program
1 (Mandatory) Pre-Season Coaches Meeting
WYSC has exciting news and information, including new rules, to announce for the up coming Spring 2020 Recreation Soccer season. We will be going over all these thing at our coaches training session. All coaches are required to attend.
2 Coaches Training Sessions
WYSC is looking into holding training sessions for our coaches this Winter in preperation for the upcoming Spring 2020 Season.
3 WYSC Coaching Recommendations
WYSC recommends that all new coaches take the 4v4 online license course. This two hour online course can be done at your convenience. The cost of the course is $25 - WYSC will reimburse 100% of the cost upon course completion and after coaching one complete season with WYSC.
U8 Coaches are encouraged to have F License or 4v4 course
U10 Coach recommended to have F License or 7v7 course
U12 Coaches recommended to have E License or 9v9 course
U14 and older Coaches are recommended to have E License or 11v11 course
In additon all coaches must complete a safesport every year. Once completed this can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Safesport is a required training for all WYSC staff members and volunteers every year.
Go to: SAFESPORT TRAINING LINK
Coaches will need to Email email@example.com for complete Safesport instructions.
Once complete, the SafeSport certificate will automatically be uploaded into Sports Connect (Affinity) within approximately 24-48 hours. Coaches should then email SafeSport certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The training will take at least 90 minutes to complete. Applicants can start it and come back to it later.
- For technical issues with a SafeSport account, contact their Help Desk at 720-676-6417 or complete the online help form at https://safesport.org/contact
FAQ can be found here: https://safesport.org/help/index
Warrenton Youth Sports Club's recreational soccer committee will follow the criteria listed below when assigning coaches to teams:
1. Coaches with appropriate age group certification. Below you can find additional information about how to get certified through Virginia Youth Soccer Association (VYSA) and US Soccer. This will be enforced mainly for U8 division and above.
2. Review of the Coaches Code of Conduct [HERE]
WYSC will grant field practice time at Athey using the following criteria:
- Attended Coaches meeting
- Licensed coaches based on level of certification
- Returning coaches
- Order in which individual registers himself to coach
The coach of each winning team will be responsible for entering the game score each weekend. Below are the instructions for doing this:
Go to www.wysc.org home page
Go to log in at the top right and enter your name and your coach's password.
At the top of your screen click on Admin & select Teams and then select your team name/number.
Click on Results & enter the correct results for the game.
Overview: All-Star program are a common asspect of youth soccer program around northern Virginia. They provide extra practice and a competitive tournament to interested players, above the standard recreational season. Successful coaches that are intertested recruit from across the recreational league and host tryouts to
Details: For more complete infromation check out the All-Star Coaches Page or for general information check out the All-Star Page.