ABOUT THE COURT/GYM
The WYSC gym is marked for a standard futsal court and is played to the black lines. Goals, however, have a smaller size and the rules are adjusted for such.
GENERAL DETAILS ABOUT UNIFORM & EQUPIMENT
Everybody participating (coaches/players/referees) should/will be well informed about the following policies:
- Each team will be assigned a distinct color at the begining of the futsal season. The team colors will be distinct enough that no confusion should occur.
- Players MUST have both t-shirt and socks matching their team color; not having both is grounds for barring the player from the match.
- All uniform decisions (in particular acceptable jersey/sock colors) will be up to the discretion of the referee. Decisions are non-contestable but are made with full respect for enjoyment of players.
- Official WYSC uniforms are NOT required for futsal; no one will be limited/barred from playing for not wearing WYSC clothes.
- No team will be assigned black or yellow. We have reserved the colors of black and yellow for the referees and thus no player is permited to wear either of those colors. [Note: a black jersey is not acceptable as navy/blue.]
- SHINGUARDS ARE REQUIRED. No shinguards are grounds from barring a player from a match. It is a very strict safety concern.
- Shirts and socks WITHOUT advertising; up to discrestion of referees and club officals. Coaches/players/referees should heed the rule of thumb about what will be acceptable.
All match balls are provided by the WYSC gym. It is your responsibility to gather a ball before the match, ensure it is inflated, and that it returns to the gym office. Coaches and players may bring their own to practice with but match balls will be provided.
REPORTING GAME ISSUES
A seperate form is provided above for incidents under the "forms" tab; these should be handled with extra diligence and professionalism. A thorough report helps document and prevent contests later. We expect coaches and players to behave themselves with respect. However, since red cards can inevitably sharply flare emotions, we are here to support the referees and will keep any eye out.